March 21, 2022
Chewy Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Chewy Vegan/Paleo Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies (makes ~12 cookies)
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
3 tbsp water
¼ cup melted refined coconut oil
⅓ cup maple syrup
⅓ cup runny almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blanched almond flour
⅓ cup ( 1 ½ scoops) Younited All-In One Plant Protein+ Superfood ( Vanilla or Chocolate)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the ground flax seeds with water and set aside.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients. Whisk in the flax mixture once it has thickened.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients aside from the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. If the dough seems too wet, place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes until it is easier to handle. It will depend on the type of protein powder you use and how it absorbs ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop and scoop and place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes. They will continue to harden as they cool.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt flakes (optional) and let cool completely. Enjoy!
- I replaced ½ cup of Almond flour with ¼ cup Arrowroot flour and ¼ cup Tapioca flour.
- To make these cookies nut free, swap the almond flour for oat flour and the almond butter for sunflower seed butter.
- Substitute 1 egg for the flax seed and water.
- Use paleo chocolate chips
Serving: 1 Cookie
Calories: 207 Cal